Create a web presence for your business today! The unlimited power of the web in the marketplace coupled with its increasing accessibility, makes being on the web a must.
There are so many options for improving your business using the web.
- Single-page advertising and promotions sites
- Catalogs-online with direct purchase capability
- Business communications hub – like a bulletin board and calendar that can be accessed only by your employees and business associates.
And the internet isn’t just for business anymore!
- Organize your organization: keep members informed and active!
- Share family treasures: stories, photos, journals
- Have a hobby? Tell the world about your passions.
Stover Data Systems can help you design and maintain your site or teach you how to do it yourself.
There are three stages to website design: planning, implementation and maintenance. To make your website the best it can be for years to come, all three stages are critical and Stover Data Systems is ready to help you with each of them.
“To be prepared is half the victory.”
Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra (Spanish writer, author of the masterwork ‘El quijote’, 1547-1616)
During this essential stage, we work together to identify the purpose of the website, the content that should be included, the webpage layout and design elements. This can require some time and commitment depending upon the complexity of your vision. Some items that you should consider for the planning stage are:
- What domain name would I like? If that name is already being used, what other names would I consider?
- What is the purpose of the website? What information do I want to share with the visitors?
- How complex is my vision of the website? Is the site interactive, e-commerce or advertising based?
- How often will the content on the website need to be updated? How will those updates occur?
- What should the website pages look like? Do I have special graphics, fonts or colors to use?
- Are there elements from other websites that I would like to incorporate into my website?
Stover Data Systems will guide you through this planning process and make suggestions based on experience. Once the planning is completed, it’s time to move into the implementation stage.
This is the easy part for you…just sit back and let Stover Data Systems do the work! Implementation generally consists of the following steps:
- Initial layout design – Stover Data Systems will use the information gathered during the planning stage to begin the design of your website’s “look and feel”: the site navigation and menu, color schemes, and graphic placement. You will be consulted regularly during this design phase for your input and approval. Don’t be shy! It is very important that layout changes be made during this stage, rather than later in the process.
- Content integration – This is when all the information you want on your site is placed on the pages according to the plan. Again, you will be consulted regularly during this phase to ensure that the website is an accurate representation of your vision.
- Testing and Revisions – During this step, the website is published to the internet and revised to ensure that it is being seen by visitors the way it was intended to be viewed.
- Final Publishing – When the website has met your approval, it will be published to the internet in its final form.
Here you have two options which were likely discussed during the planning stage.
- You can maintain the site yourself and Stover Data Systems can provide you with instruction and software to make this simple.
- Or, you could choose to have Stover Data Systems handle all the maintenance and updates. Just email or call with the update information and the changes will be made right away.
There are advantages to both of these options and you should consider the cost effectiveness of each.